Saturday, October 12, 2019

MAD WORLD REMIX OF MOBY VIDEO

     Of the people from age 18 to 44, 80% check our cell phones once we wake up and 44% sleep next to our phones. This age group averages spending 15 hours a week on our cellular devises. This video depicts one of our main problems in today's society: our digital "addiction." 

     The film, "Mad World Remix of Moby Video," begins with a conglomeration of adult cell phone addicts glued to their phones, bumping into and ignoring the main character, a small boy who seems to be the only person without a cell phone. The adults fall into holes and run into each other because they don't look up long enough to know where they are going. The young boy zig zags through stampedes of people and cowers in people's shadows. 

     Two scenes in the film stood out more than the others. The first was when the whole family sits at the dinner table. They all have cellphone, including a baby. When I was younger (starting at about age 12), I would always have my phone with me. I would bring it wherever I was to play games and talk with friends. I remember my father always yelling at me and my brother to put our phones away. After seven years, I can say the digital addiction has taken hold of my Dad--at least some of the time. Family meals should times to converse, and when you really listen. You shouldn't have any cellular phone out at those times--as difficult as that may be.

     The second scene was when the woman used her phone to make the photo of her turn from sad and ugly into happy and beautiful. Today, especially with Instagram, everyone is trying to impress everyone else by how they look rather than making what is inside more beautiful. Women have a beauty standard and men have strength standards based on what society has decided are the most desirable traits. Our digital addiction is reenforcing these stereotypes and is keeping us focused on what's perfect, and not what is good and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment