Wednesday, November 13, 2019

MY ONLINE PRESENCE

     Image result for social media
     My use of online presence is different from other people's, in my opinion. The only three platforms I generally use are Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube. I wouldn't say I have a large online footprint, but I do have some footprint. I often try posting to make people smile. I rarely post on Instagram and like every photo in my feed. For Snapchat, I post every once in a while, but not an overwhelming number. For YouTube, I subscribe and never post anything. Information visitors would glean that I like music festivals. 

     Since I rarely post, it would be hard to learn much about me from my feed. Indirectly, a viewer would notice that I like every single photo in my feed because I always just give a like. Also, people looking at my footprint would see I only follow friends, family, and celebrities. 

     I try not to give out my phone number and email. However, all my social media sites ask for that information. I gave it to them because they wouldn't let me finish my profile without entering a phone number or email address. 

     In the end, I believe social media makes people lonely and depressed for several reasons. First, social media makes it easier to bully. People are usually afraid of face-to-face confrontation, so what's the best way to confront someone? Over the screen. It's gotten so out of hand that we have our own name for it, cyberbullying. The second reason why it makes people lonely and depressed is that social media makes it easier for people to miss out on things. If you don't get invited to a party or to dinner, social media makes it easier to find out you didn't get invited. Finally, social media makes it easier to compare yourself to others. Social media has created this image of an "ideal" man and women in today's generation, and if you don't have that physique, you're not "perfect." 

No comments:

Post a Comment